JOIN OUR TEAM
LOCH Collective is seeking incredible Designers to join their team and help the studio create inspiring spaces, landscapes, and experiences.
Why is this job important to LOCH Collective?
Great design comes from team involvement. These designers will be integral to the design process as excellent researchers, designers, and thinkers. Because of our holistic studio approach, the new employees will jump into all phases of the design process and be expected to learn and handle a variety of tasks.
What are we looking for?
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture
- Minimum of 1 to 6 Years of employment history in a landscape architecture or architecture studio environment
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch Up and MS Office
- Proficiency with AutoCAD or Vectorworks (preferred)
What gets us excited:
- Passion for design, exploration, and research
- Kindness and empathy towards others
- Ability and desire to work across professions, we consult on many non-traditional projects
- The ability to work at varying scales in our field, from small urban gardens to master-planning 1,000-acre eco-communities
- Strong hand graphics and artistic curiosity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated technical skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving ability
- Personable, hardworking, and fun, because our team spends a lot of time together
- International exposure and experience
Once you are here you will:
- Travel to project sites to perform site inventory and analysis
- Work closely with the principal to design gardens and review construction progress
- Create conceptual design presentation books for our clients
- Prepare graphic and written presentations
- Create 3D and perspective renderings
- Draft construction document packages
- Help us select and order plants for our projects
What do we need for application:
Submit the following in PDF format not exceeding 10mb in file size via email:
- Cover letter
Email with subject line “Staff Designer | First & Last Name” to:
Kelly Blorstad: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please
LOCH Collective offers a competitive compensation package and benefits commensurate with experience.